Rear Torque Arm Suspension 1967-1969 F Body
Axle Housing in photo is not included in kit. See below for complete parts list. Silver pinion mount and trailing arms in photo are for display purposes only, and will come in the kit powdercoated gloss black. Torque arm and crossmembers are available bare steel or several different powdercoat colors, see order options below.
The Speedtech Performance Torque Arm rear suspension for '67-'69 Camaros and Firebirds is designed to drastically improve performance handling and every day drive quality of your leaf spring car. Unique in it's design, this package will virtually eliminate the inherent change in geometry and possible traction issues commonly associated with leaf spring and 4 link type systems. To read more on why this system is better when compared to others, Click Here. Relatively easy to install and reasonably priced, it's the perfect Camaro rear suspension upgrade and companion to a well matched Speedtech front suspension.
- Performance matched to Speedtech front subframes or can be used with stock GM frame.
- Kits available for 9” Ford, 12 bolt and 10 Bolt GM differentials.
- Installation requires only minor welding and NO cutting of floor boards.
- Adjustable ride height, roll center, pinion angle, instant center, and wheelbase.
- Articu-link lower control arms aid in eliminating suspension bind.
- Panhard Bar mounting system accurately locates rear axle and allows for instant center adjustability.
- Delrin bushings eliminate the flex of rubber, deformation and squeak of poly, and the noise, harshness and wear of metal bushings.
- Viking Double Adjustable coilover shocks with thrust washers are included.
- Coilover shocks allow 2 1/2" of ride height adjustment.
- Optional complete rear axle with all brackets installed.
- Will accept up to a 345mm tires on a 20x12” rim in mini-tubbed applications.
- Accepts Air Ride Shockwave systems.
The Speedtech Torque Arm suspension is universal enough that it works great on cars either with or without minitubs. On minitubbed cars tires up to 345 mm wide can be used without any interferance with Torque Arm components. Cars using stock rear wheel tubs are simply limited to smaller wheel and tire combinations. Starting with a non minitubbed car and deciding to minitub at a later time works great and will not affect suspension function at all.
From Trevor in Queensland, Australia
"I received my torque arm suspension this afternoon and I was very pleased with the quality and the welding in particular, being in that trade and very fussy about my work, I often feel let down with items or workmanship of others. All in all Great product and looking forward to buying the remainder of the gear I need to complete my suspension in the coming weeks."
Torque Arm Rear Suspension includes:
- Front Torque Arm X Member.
- Torque Arm.
- Upper Rear X Member / Shock Mount.
- Viking Double Adjustable Shocks and Coil springs.
- Articulink Trailing Arms, powder coated Gloss Black.
- Billet Aluminum Panhard Bar, powder coated Gloss Black.
- All Rear Axle Housing Brackets.
- Complete Hardware Kit and Installation Instructions.
Torque Arm upgrade options include:
- Powder Coating in black, gun metal grey, silver, or bronze.
- Any width 9" Ford or 12 Bolt GM axle housing with brackets welded in place.
- 9" Ford axle can be ordered empty or complete, Click here for more details on our 9" internals!
- New! Viking Crusader Autocross valved Coilovers.
- Ridetech Single or Triple Adjustable Coilovers.
- Wilwood or Baer brakes available.
- In House Product Installation.
Note: Our front pinion mount is designed to work with a Ford clocking of the pinion mount bolts. Most Ford based centers such as Currie work fine. Some aftermarket centers such as Strange and possibly others have changed their pinion mount bolt clocking and will not work with our kit. Please call if you are unsure of your application, we are glad to help make sure you get the proper fit.
Mounts are available for three specific axle applications:
Click the photo at right for a larger view.
GM 8.2" or 8.5" 10 bolt axles found commonly in muscle cars from the early 1960's to late 1970's. These rears were most common in small block applications in cars like Camaros, Chevelles, and Novas. The 8.2" was in the earlier cars, 8.5"s were available around 1970.
GM Car 12 Bolt axles were commonly found in GM muscle cars, most commonly found in big block applications. Note in the diagram that the 12 bolt car and truck rears are quite different.
Ford 9" axles that have factory Ford clocking bolt locations on the front pinion mount (A.). Some aftermarket axles have Ford or non-Ford clocking. We have mounts that fit Strange, Moser and Currie. Be sure to tell your sales rep what brand axle you have!
Axles that will not fit our torque arm mounts- GM Truck 12 bolt, GM BOP axles, GM 7.5" (G-Body/ S10), GM 7.625" ('82-'98 Camaro/ F Body), Ford 8.8"
Update! Our kits now offer an extra lateral brace system that will enhance the strength of the rear of the car in race type driving conditions. These brace plates weld to the rear cross member and then attach to the trunk floor. As an introductory special these plates are currently included in the Torque Arm kit. For those that bought Torque Arm kits before these brackets were available, they are available to order below.
For most average Pro Touring Camaros seeing only occasional track days the Torque Arm performs flawlessly even without a rear sway bar. For those that will hit the track more often and run either our ExtReme front subframe or a fairly large sway bar on our Pro Touring or your GM subframe we recommend adding our Torque Arm rear sway bar kit to further enhance your car's handling! This is a frame mounted, tubular type 7/8" bar that is three-way adjustable for 138, 170, & 215lb. spring rates.
For those of you who may be trailering the car, or maybe you just like to be prepared, add on a set of our bolt on tow hooks to your order. These laser cut and CNC formed brackets bolt right to your rear axle housing and eliminate the need to wrap chains or straps around the rear axle or frame rail. These hooks are designed for use with Speedtech Torque Arm rear axle brackets but may be fitted to other applications with similar bolt hole spacing. Order below.
If you haven't already purchased a Viking wrench kit with your front coilovers, you will need to order them for your rear coilovers. One pair will adjust both front and rear shocks. Thrust bearing kits, which make your on-car adjustments much smoother and easier, are included when you order your wrench kit below!
If you are upgrading to Ridetech shocks, thrust bearings are not included, however a Ridetech style wrench is included.
Ridetech Singles can be ordered below, for Ridetech Triples please call us at 435-628-4300 for help choosing the proper shock accessories.
Application: '67-69 Camaro/ Firebird. Please specify Hard Top or Convertible below.
When ordering rear axles and/or brakes please call us at 435-628-4300 for help customizing these components to your needs.
Shipping varies according to options and will be added on when your order is processed.