Hot Rod Subframe
Speedtech Performance’s Universal Front Subframe for Street Rods and Classics is designed as a package that will take your car to an entirely new level of performance handling and cruising comfort. Based on our popular '67-69 Camaro Pro Touring Subframe, upgrades over a stock style or Mustang II suspension include improved suspension geometry and more suspension adjustability through our patented control arm mounts. This translates to more freedom while setting ride height, comfort level and handling performance. Mounts for coilover style shocks and rack and pinion steering are standard. Using Speedtech's matched complete High Clearance front suspension allows fitment of wheels with up to 7" of backspacing!
Available in two different packages, our base package includes just the frame stub and engine stands. This allows you to swap over your existing aftermarket suspension from your factory subframe, and will require the purchase of a rack and pinion steering unit. Our Complete Subframe Package includes our specially matched high clearance front control arms, high clearance tubular sway bar, coilover shocks, and power steering rack for the optimum in performance and driveability.
All Sub Frames Feature:
- Accepts Air Ride Shockwave systems.
- Strong Box type laser cut and jig welded construction.
- Guldstrand camber curve modification is already built-in.
- Upper control arm mounts feature additional camber curve adjustability.
- Set up for true coilover shocks and rack and pinion type steering.
- Accepts small or big block engines with stock type oil pan.Increased header and exhaust clearance.
- Accepts LSX engines with Speedtech fabricated oil pan and motor mounts. (Available in our "Engines" section)
- Built-in tow/ tie down hooks eliminate strapping around frames when trailering.
- Optional Powder Coating available. Please call to discuss options with a sales rep.
Click here for frame measurement specs.
Complete Sub Frame Package also includes :
- Complete Speedtech High Clearance Upper and Lower Control Arms, powder coated gloss black and fully assembled.
- Heat treated tubular chrome moly steel 1 1/8” sway bar kit, powder coated gloss black.
- Power rack and pinion unit with steering arms.
- Viking Double adjustable coilover shocks with thrust washers and adjusting wrench. Coilover shocks allow 2 1/2" of ride height adjustment.
- Adjustable engine frame stands.
- Mounting hardware, instructions, and custom alignment specs.
Subframe upgrades include:
- Ridetech Single Adjustable coilover system.
- Ridetech Triple Adjustable coilover system.
- Ridetech Air Ride system.
- ATS AFX Tall Spindle kit, includes 2013 Corvette ZR1 hubs and C5+ Corvette brake mounting bosses.
- Custom stainless steel brake line kit.
- In house product installation.
Pictured here is our Complete Hot Rod Subframe with AFX Spindles incorporated into the custom built frame for "The Tyrant", the full size '66 Chrysler Imperial that staggered onlookers at the 2013 Sema show. This car was built by HPI Customs, a loyal Speedtech client and supporter. Read more about The Tyrant by clicking here.
When ordering a complete subframe kit or adding upgrades, please call us at 435-628-4300 for help customizing the suspension components to your needs.
Hubs and spindles pictured are not included in package. Control arms in our complete suspension package are designed to work with '67-69 Camaro or '68-74 Nova GM spindles or our custom ATS AFX Tall Spindles. Speedtech has both types of spindles available, please check with your sales rep to determine which are best for your application.
Subframe orders will be charged an additional $200 crating fee above regular shipping charges. Local pick up and/or installation is available.