LS7 Dry Sump Muscle Car Oil Pan
What's better than cubic inches? More of 'em. Amongst the LSx family the LS7 is the king of inches, and with huge horsepower potential they're under high demand for LS swappers. Trouble is their unique Dry Sump oiling system pan creates clearance issues with most muscle car frames. Speedtech solves that problem with our fabricated sheetmetal LS7 Dry Sump Muscle Car pan. Unlike the cast aluminum factory piece this street and track oil pan, when used with ATS engine mounts, was engineered specifically to clear most muscle car frames without any modifications to the car or the pan. This LS7 pan retains the dry sump type oil control and allows use of the factory windage tray, however factory dry sump hoses will not work. This pan will also fit the LS9 Supercharged engine as well.
The Speedtech LS7 Dry Sump oil pan was redesigned to allow cross member clearance while still maintaining all oil line positions. Instead of the factory style fitting we've gone to AN style fittings to make customizing hoses easier for you. Internal oil passages line up with factory locations and allow a stock LS7/LS9 oil pan gasket to be used.
- Quarter inch NPT bungs for turbocharger oil drain lines
- Oil Filter/ Cooler fittings are -12 to increase oil supply and volume
- Clears stock steering linkage, Unisteer Rack and Pinion conversions and frame
- Fully TIG welded and pressure tested, then clear powdercoated
- Includes stainless studs and flanged lock nuts
This pan requires a remote mounted oil filter and lines and easily allows the addition of an oil cooler if desired, all sold separately by us or through any good speed parts supplier. Below is our recommended list of parts that will complete your remote oil filter installation. With this package you get the advantage of the larger capacity Small block Chevy type K&N oil filter with a higher flow rate and less restriction. The filter mount allows provisions for expanding the kit to include an oil cooler. This kit uses -12 AN fittings compared to competitor's -10 fittings yielding 20% more flow capacity.
- 1 AN -12 120* or 150* Hose End
- 3 AN -12 90* Hose Ends, 2 for the pan and one for the filter mount
- 2 AN -12 to -12 O-ring Adapters
- +/- 10 feet of AN -12 Hose
- 1 Moroso Remote Filter Mount #23764, or Equivalent
- 1 K&N HP3002 Filter or Equivalent
- Optional Oil Cooler Kit, including additional fittings as needed