ExtReme Torque Arm Suspension
Axle Housing and show-chrome springs in photo are not included in kit. Torque arm, crossmembers and axles are available bare steel or several different powdercoat colors, see order options below.
The Speedtech Performance ExtReme Torque Arm rear suspension for '67-'69 Camaros, Firebirds and Novas is the same package as our already street and track proven Torque Arm suspension but includes the addition of upgraded custom valved coilover shocks so you can maximize your track day performance even more.
Our Torque arm kits drastically improve performance handling and every day drive quality of your leaf spring car without the bind and other problems that come with other types of suspensions. Unique in it's design, this package will virtually eliminate the inherent change in geometry and possible traction issues commonly associated with leaf springs and 4 links. To read more on why this system is better compared to others, Click Here. Relatively easy to install and reasonably priced, it's the perfect Camaro rear suspension upgrade and companion to a Speedtech ExtReme front subframe!
- Performance matched for our ExtReme front subframes
- Installation requires only minor welding and NO cutting of floor boards.
- Adjustable ride height, roll center, pinion angle, instant center, and wheelbase.
- Articu-link lower control arms aid in eliminating suspension bind.
- Panhard Bar mounting system accurately locates rear axle and allows for instant center adjustability.
- Delrin bushings eliminate the flex of rubber, deformation and squeak of poly, and the noise, harshness and wear of metal bushings.
- Custom valved single adjustable coilovers and adjusting wrench
- Draco coilover springs come in your choice of spring rate
- Coilover shocks allow 2 1/2" of ride height adjustment.
- Kits available for 9” Ford, 12 bolt and 10 Bolt GM differentials.
- Optional complete rear axle with all brackets installed.
- Will accept up to a 345mm tires on a 20x12” rim in mini-tubbed applications.
The Speedtech Torque Arm suspension is universal enough that it works great on cars either with or without minitubs. On minitubbed cars tires up to 345 mm wide can be used without any interferance with Torque Arm components. Cars using stock rear wheel tubs are simply limited to smaller wheel and tire combinations. Starting with a non minitubbed car and deciding to minitub at a later time works great and will not affect suspension function at all.
From Trevor in Queensland, Australia
"I received my torque arm suspension this afternoon and I was very pleased with the quality and the welding in particular, being in that trade and very fussy about my work, I often feel let down with items or workmanship of others. All in all Great product!"
Torque Arm Rear Suspension includes:
- Front Torque Arm X Member.
- Torque Arm.
- Upper Rear X Member / Shock Mount.
- Custom valved single adjustable coilover shocks and adjuster wrench
- Draco coilover springs in your choice of spring rate
- Articulink Trailing Arms, powder coated Gloss Black.
- Billet Aluminum Panhard Bar, powder coated Gloss Black.
- All Rear Axle Housing Brackets.
- Complete Hardware Kit and Installation Instructions.
Torque Arm upgrade options include:
- Powder Coating in black, gun metal grey, silver, or bronze.
- Any width 9" Ford or 12 Bolt GM axle housing with brackets welded in place.
- 9" Ford axle can be ordered empty or complete, Click here for more details on our 9" internals!
- JRI single, double or triple custom valved Coilovers.
- Ridetech Single or Triple Adjustable Coilovers.
- Wilwood or Baer brakes available.
- Trailer tie down brackets
- In House Product Installation.
Note: Our front pinion mount is designed to work with a Ford clocking of the pinion mount bolts. Most Ford based centers such as Currie work fine. Some aftermarket centers such as Strange and possibly others have changed their pinion mount bolt clocking and will not work with our kit. Please call if you are unsure of your application, we are glad to help make sure you get the proper fit.
**Note: Novas and X bodies came from the factory with two different front leaf spring pockets. One fits snug to the floor (A), and the more common one has a gap between the pocket and the floor (B). If you have type (B) then you will need to purchase style (A) '67-69 Camaro front leaf spring pockets, part numbers 3892751 and 3892752. You should be able to find these from the Camaro restoration parts suppliers. All Camaros come from the factory with the correct required spring pockets.
For most average Pro Touring Camaros seeing only occasional track days the Torque Arm performs flawlessly even without a rear sway bar. For those that will hit the track more often and run either our ExtReme front subframe or a fairly large sway bar on our Pro Touring or your GM subframe we recommend adding our Torque Arm rear sway bar kit to further enhance your car's handling! This is a frame mounted, tubular type 7/8" bar that is three-way adjustable for 138, 170, and 215 lb. spring rates. ** If you are ordering a rear axle from us it is an additional $60 to add the welding of the sway bar brackets to the axle housing. Order the brackets with the axle and the sway bar as a separate option below.
For those of you who may be trailering the car, or maybe you just like to be prepared, add on a set of our bolt on tow hooks to your order. These laser cut and CNC formed brackets bolt right to your rear axle housing and eliminate the need to wrap chains or straps around the rear axle or frame rail. These hooks are designed for use with Speedtech Torque Arm rear axle brackets but may be fitted to other applications with similar bolt hole spacing. Order below.
Application: '67-69 Camaro/ Firebird and '68-74 Nova. There are specific part numbers for each application, please order according to car below.
When ordering rear axles and/or brakes please call us at 435-628-4300 for help customizing these components to your needs.
Shipping will be added on when your order is processed and varies according to options.