What's the Right Suspension for Me?
With all the suspension options available sometimes choosing the right one for your needs can be a daunting task. I mean this is your baby we're talking about and you want to buy the right parts the first time, right? The right parts means getting the best scenario that covers your wants, your needs, and your budget.
To help get you set up with just the right parts we've put this basic guide together to give you more understanding on how all of our packages compare to each other. If you have any specific questions or need help choosing the right suspension feel free to call us at 435-628-4300, we're happy to give you more insight so you can make the right decision!
Bolt-on Parts for your GM Subframe: Control Arm Packages, Pro-Touring or Road Assault Complete Kits
Designed to be used with a factory GM frame, these kits are perfect for three different scenarios- For the person just getting into the Pro-Touring scene, the street cruiser who wants a more modern feel and drive for their muscle car, or the person looking for a huge jump in performance over stock without breaking the bank. While these kits work great for the street cruisers, don't let these bolt-on packages fool you. We have several customers running these suspensions on GM frames successfully competing and having a blast in Pro-Touring type race events. Individual Control arm packages get you started and allow use of traditional coil springs or coilover shocks. A Pro-Touring package adds a double adjustable "hybrid" coilover conversion that uses factory mounting points, plus billet tie rod sleeves. Our Road Assault package takes the upgrade further by adding a large diameter, tubular sway bar. These parts and packages are available for all Speedtech vehicle applications.
- Simple bolt-in application, doesn't require removal of the factory frame.
- Control Arm engineering improves geometry over factory designs for modern sports car like response and handling.
- Compatible with factory steering components or our upgraded AFX spindles and performance steering boxes.
- Pro-Touring and Road Assault packages Include a bolt-in double adjustable coilover shock upgrade to control ride quality, ride height and shock dampening.
- Provides a very high level of ride and handling improvement at an entry level price.
More Tuning Options: Speedtech Chicane Coilover Conversion Kits
If you're looking for more options and tuneability in your coilover shocks our Chicane kit hits that mark. Rather than using the GM upper pin style mount for your coilovers our weld-in, double shear top shock mount brackets allow the use of a "True Coilover" with bolt-through bushing our bearing style upper mounts. Chicane conversions work great for those wanting more tuning options and those planning to hit the track a little more often. Chicane kits are available for '64-77 Chevelle/ A-body and '78-88 G-Body as well as Camaros and Novas too.
- Stronger double shear upper shock mount
- Reduces suspension component flex in hard driving situations
- Uses 2.5" spring coilovers for a wider range of spring rate options.
Ultimate Performance: The ExtReme Chassis
The ExtReme name means pushing street car performance as far as we can. The R in ExtReme means it's time to race. Our ExtReme subframe and full chassis packages are designed for those that want the best possible suspension available for their street cruisers and show cars and for those looking for all out performance when it's time to turn up the heat. This system's design started with specific geometry goals to optimize tire contact patch and provide better handling than any other suspension available in the Pro-Touring industry. Flat out bottom line it's meant to handle extremely well. Despite all the race influenced engineering, components and construction, it still drives comfortably on the street. This suspension is flooding the market giving it's owner's an all out ExtReme win-win.
The ExtReme chassis is available for '64-72 Chevelles/ A-Body and we have ExtReme chassis also for C10 trucks and '55-57 Chevy, and subframes for Camaros and Novas too. Photo at right shows our '68-72 Chevelle chassis with optional upgrades.Click for larger view.
- All new engineering with the best caster, camber gain, KPI angle, Ackermann, roll center, bumpsteer and shock motion ratio available in one street suspension package.
- Standard equipment exclusive re-engineered forged aluminum ExtReme spindles.
- Standard equipment Sweet Manufacturing race bred, front mounted rack and pinion steering.
- Standard equipment race bred Ron Sutton custom valved coilover shocks featuring Draco springs.
- The most tire clearance available, tucks up to 315 mm front tires in most applications and still maintains 30 degrees of steering angle.
- ExtReme low ride height without clearance concerns or harsh ride quality.
To learn why a Speedtech's rear suspension is the best upgrade for your GM full framed car, Click Here.
For more information on each type of suspension above, pricing, and to place an order, click your application below, or give us a call at 435-628-4300.