Pro-Touring Torque Arm Suspension 1970-1981 F body
Axle Housing in photo is not included in kit. See below for complete parts list. Crossmembers may be different than photo according to application. Silver pinion mount and trailing arms in photo are for display purposes only, and will come in the kit powdercoated gloss black. Torque arm and crossmembers are available bare steel or powdercoated, see order options below.
The Speedtech Performance Torque Arm rear suspension for '67-'69 Camaros and Firebirds is designed to drastically improve performance handling and every day drive quality of your leaf spring car. Unique in it's design, this package will virtually eliminate the inherent change in geometry and possible traction issues commonly associated with leaf spring and 4 link type systems. To read more on why this system is better when compared to others, Click Here. Relatively easy to install and reasonably priced, it's the perfect Camaro rear suspension upgrade and companion to a well matched Speedtech front suspension.
- Performance matched to Speedtech front subframes or can be used with stock GM frame.
- Installation requires only minor welding and NO cutting of floor boards.
- Adjustable ride height, roll center, pinion angle, instant center, and wheelbase.
- Articu-link lower control arms aid in eliminating suspension bind.
- Panhard Bar mounting system accurately locates rear axle and allows for instant center adjustability.
- Delrin bushings eliminate the flex of rubber, deformation and squeak of poly, and the noise, harshness and wear of metal bushings.
- Viking Double Adjustable coilover shocks with thrust washers are included.
- Coilover shocks allow 2 1/2" of ride height adjustment.
- Kits available for 9” Ford, 12 bolt and 10 Bolt GM differentials.
- Optional complete rear axle with all brackets installed.
- Will accept up to a 345 mm tires on a 20x12” rim in mini-tubbed applications.
- Accepts Air Ride Shockwave systems.
The Speedtech Torque Arm suspension is universal enough that it works great on cars either with or without minitubs. On minitubbed cars tires up to 345 mm wide can be used without any interferance with Torque Arm components. Cars using stock rear wheel tubs are simply limited to smaller wheel and tire combinations. Starting with a non minitubbed car and deciding to minitub at a later time works great and will not affect suspension function at all.
From Trevor in Queensland, Australia
"I received my torque arm suspension this afternoon and I was very pleased with the quality and the welding in particular, being in that trade and very fussy about my work, I often feel let down with items or workmanship of others. All in all Great product and looking forward to buying the remainder of the gear I need to complete my suspension in the coming weeks."
Torque Arm Rear Suspension includes:
- Front Torque Arm X Member.
- Torque Arm.
- Upper Rear X Member / Shock Mount.
- Viking Double Adjustable Shocks and Coil springs.
- Articulink Trailing Arms, powder coated Gloss Black.
- Billet Aluminum Panhard Bar, powder coated Gloss Black.
- All Rear Axle Housing Brackets.
- Complete Hardware Kit and Installation Instructions.
Torque Arm upgrade options include:
- Powder Coating in black, gun metal grey, silver, or bronze.
- Any width 9" Ford or 12 Bolt GM axle housing with brackets welded in place.
- 9" Ford axle can be ordered empty or complete, Click here for more details about our 9" axle internals!
- New! Viking Crusader Autocross valved Coilovers.
- Ridetech Single or Triple Adjustable Coilovers.
- Wilwood or Baer brakes available.
- In House Product Installation.
*When ordering rear axles and/or brakes please call us at 435-628-4300 for help customizing these components to your needs.
Note: Our front pinion mount is designed to work with a Ford clocking of the pinion mount bolts. Most Ford based centers such as Currie work fine. Some aftermarket centers such as Strange and possibly others have changed their pinion mount bolt clocking and will not work with our kit. Please call if you are unsure of your application, we are glad to help make sure you get the proper fit.
For Torque Arm Rear Suspensions-
For most average Pro Touring Camaros seeing only occasional track days the Torque Arm performs flawlessly even without a rear sway bar. For those that will hit the track more often and run either our ExtReme front subframe or a fairly large sway bar on our Pro Touring or your GM subframe we recommend adding our Torque Arm rear sway bar kit to further enhance your car's handling! This bar is a frame mounted, tubular type 7/8" bar that is three-way adjustable for 138, 170, and 215 lb. spring rates and is sized and shaped to clear our Torque Arm assembly. See below to order.
For those of you who need the most heavy duty parts we sell for ExtReme conditions we suggest upgrading to our Full Floater 9" Ford axle option. The C7 Corvette drive hub uses a forged housing and fully sealed dual bearing pack, spreading the loads over a broader bearing surface area and eliminating the possibility of internal contamination. Our hubs require no regular maintenance or preload adjustment, and allow for removing the axle center section without even removing the wheels! The ExtReme axle assembly helps reduce brake pad knock back and is one of the only Floater assemblies on the market that incorporates a parking brake making it LEGAL for street operation. This option is only an additional $1500 upgrade over the traditional standard 9" axle. Order Below.
For those of you who may be trailering the car, or maybe you just like to be prepared, add on a set of our bolt on tow hooks to your order. These laser cut and CNC formed brackets bolt right to your rear axle housing and eliminate the need to wrap chains or straps around the rear axle or frame rail. These hooks are designed for use with Speedtech Torque Arm rear axle brackets but may be fitted to other applications with similar bolt hole spacing. Order below.
If you haven't already purchased a Viking wrench kit with your front coilovers, you will need to order them for your rear coilovers. One pair will adjust both front and rear shocks. Thrust bearing kits, which make your on-car adjustments much smoother and easier, are included when you order your wrench kit below!
If you are upgrading to Ridetech shocks, thrust bearings are not included, however a Ridetech style wrench is included, see option boxes while ordering below.
Application: 1970-1981 Camaro, Firebird**
Note: When ordering there are different part numbers for 1970-74 and 1975-81 F Bodies, see below. Shipping varies according to location and options, and will be calculated when the order is processed.
Some 2nd Gen Camaro driveline tunnels require some slight modification to clear the 12 bolt axle front pinion mount. This is not an issue with 9" Ford axles. Please see "Torque Arm Install" instructions at the bottom of the page for details.