Photo shown with optional powder coating
New '70-81 Camaro ExtReme Subframes
Let's face it, no one likes to lose and there's not much worse than showing up at the track to find out most of the playing field has much bigger guns under their car than you. With our new ExtReme suspension, now you can have the competitive edge over them! Based on a totally new design, our ExtReme chassis provides you with an easy to install, high quality, made in the USA subframe and suspension system that was designed specifically to specifically to be comfortable on the street and out handle anything else on the market! With this package you and your street driver have the right stuff to go head to head with the race cars disguised as street cars now showing up at events!
To find out more about the engineering features and benefits of our new ExtReme chassis, please Click Here.
Our new Camaro Subframe is a totally customizable package. Whether you're looking to build a strict street cruiser, a total track beast or you want a combination of both, we can design a package just for you!
What you get in our Standard kit (pictured above):
- Fully welded box style ExtReme subframe with high clearance frame rails
- High clearance, geometry enhanced Upper and Lower front control arms, powder coated gloss black and assembled with the best components available.
- New ExtReme aircraft spec 7075 T73 forged aluminum tall spindles with heavy duty C7 hubs. Click Here to see the forging process.
- Sweet Mfg. race tuned, high strength power rack and pinion steering unit
- Adjustable, splined sway bar with your choice of spring rates
- Custom valved single adjustable coilovers and adjusting wrench with Draco springs in your choice of spring rate
- Engine frame stands for LS Chevy engines
- Adjustable Transmission crossmember fits most all transmission options
Available Upgrades and Accessories:
- Subframe powder coating
- Stainless steel custom fit headers
- LS Engine adapter plates and engine mounts
- Down tube engine bay support bars
- Solid body mounts
Other Items Available to Complete Your Build:
(Ask your salesman about these)
- Ididit tilt steering column
- Double joint steering shaft kit*
- Brake packages from Baer or Wilwood
- Custom formed T56 transmission tunnel cover
- Wheels and Tires
- In house installation
- Custom vehicle specific tuning services, call for details.
*Note: Steering shaft kit 220522 (order below) includes both 1" x 48 spline and 3/4" 36 spline adapters for either a stock or Ididit column. Because of differences in design they will not fit other aftermarket columns.
All Subframe shock and sway bar packages will be customized to your specific vehicle. This can be done as you order over the phone, or for online orders our friendly sales staff will contact you to review options when the order is processed.
Factory steering columns may not be the right length for the correct steering shaft angle and may not work with the ExtReme suspension components. We recommend an Ididit steering column for best results. Please speak to your sales rep to order a column from us or to obtain the correct part number.
Black powder coating adds on $500, while some other colors add $550. Click the box below to add coating and your sales rep will discuss color options and pricing with you. If necessary the coating cost will be adjusted when the order is processed.
When ordering below be sure to click "Add To Cart" after making your choices.
**All subframe orders will have a $250 crating fee plus truck freight shipping added on at the time of processing. Speedtech has several options for shipping and is dedicated to provide you with the best quality service and lowest cost available to your area. To save on shipping costs we recommend your subframe be delivered to a shipping terminal or a business with a loading dock and/or forklift access.