LSx Road Race Oil Pan
Front mounted late model rack and pinion steering has allowed the factory oil pans on LSX engine to grow in both length and depth. Unfortunately, attempting an LSX conversion with these factory deeper and longer pans in early model cars often runs into clearance problems with the frames as well as ground clearance issues on lowered cars. Rather than modify the factory pan to clear the interference, ATS engineered a totally new pan to compliment the chassis of an early muscle car.
The LSX Road Race pan offers a fully hand fabricated pan featuring internal oil baffles to control oil starvation under hard cornering, -12 AN oil cooler fittings to relocate the oil filter and an oil return bung for turbochargers. The pan comes with a special oil pick up tube and full stud kit for installation, and is clear coat powder coated to maintain surface outer protection.
- Internally baffled to control oil starvation during hard cornering
- Quarter inch NPT bungs for turbocharger oil drain lines
- Oil Filter/ Cooler fittings are -12 to increase oil supply and volume
- Clears stock steering linkage, Unisteer Rack and Pinion conversions and frame
- Fully TIG welded and pressure tested, then clear powdercoated
- Includes pick-up tube, stainless studs, flanged lock nuts
This pan requires a remote mounted oil filter and lines and easily allows the addition of an oil cooler if desired, all sold separately by us or through any good speed parts supplier. Below is our recommended list of parts that will complete your remote oil filter installation. With this package you get the advantage of the larger capacity Small block Chevy type K&N oil filter with a higher flow rate and less restriction. The filter mount allows provisions for expanding the kit to include an oil cooler. This kit uses -12 AN fittings compared to competitor's -10 fittings yielding 20% more flow capacity.
- 1 AN -12 120* or 150* Hose End
- 3 AN -12 90* Hose Ends, 2 for the pan and one for the filter mount
- 2 AN -12 to -12 O-ring Adapters
- 10 feet of AN -12 Hose
- 1 Moroso Remote Filter Mount #23764, or Equivalent
- 1 K&N HP3002 Filter or Equivalent
- Optional Oil Cooler Kit, including additional fittings as needed