Road Assault Suspension 1994-1996 Impala SS
The Speedtech Performance Road Assault front suspension package is the ultimate complete street and race upgrade for your '94-'96 Impala SS when using the standard mount shocks. Through extensive engineering and testing all parts in this kit are carefully matched to each other, designed to greatly improve your car's handling while still maintaining an enjoyable drive.
- All parts are a direct bolt-in, no frame modification required.
- Speedtech tubular control arms offer corrected geometry, performance components, and are stronger and lighter than stock arms.
- Heat treated, light weight, chrome moly tubular sway bar decreases dynamic body roll.
- Standard Viking double adjustable shock system provides ease of installation with coilover style ride height control and simple external double dial design allows individual compression/ rebound adjustability.
- Optional Ridetech single or triple adjustable shock upgrade available, call for pricing.
Standard Road Assault Package includes-
- Speed Tech Tubular Upper control arms
- Speed Tech Tubular Lower Control Arms
- 1 5/16" chrome moly tubular front sway bar
- Viking Double Adjustable coil over kit for either Small Block/ LS or Big Block motors
- All new mounting hardware.
- Available for both 9/16 and 5/8 ball joint cars (see ordering info below)*
Viking, a new heavy hitter in the shock market, is our main line we match to all of our suspension kits such as our Chicane Coilover conversion. Based on a double adjustable twin tube design, they are available for the average street driven and occasional autocross Pro Touring car in our standard Viking Warrior shocks, and for those that will see a little more track time and want the best valving available, the new Viking Crusaders will more than meet the need. Viking builds a top of the line shock at a fantastic price and value, and that's why we like them so much. To learn more about the specifics of Viking's different types of shocks, >> Click Here <<.
Shock Upgrade Options Include-
- Ridetech Single Adjustable coilover system
- Ridetech Triple Adjustable coilover system
Ridetech's mono-tube nitrogen charged shock provides a great ride quality with fade free performance. A larger 1.834” piston rides on a 5/8” chrome shaft through an oversized rod guide providing improved piston rod stability. A specially contoured composite gas separator cup optimizes dead length and ensures proper nitrogen/oil separation. The clear anodized impact forged aluminum body provides superior strength, while the unique pinch clamp height adjuster uses finer thread for easy adjustment.
The single adjustable shock (A) allows for easy simultaneous adjustment of compression and rebound.
The triple adjustable shock (B) has a single rebound adjustment and a DUAL high and low speed compression adjustment. A remote reservoir allows easy installation in a variety of applications.
Ridetech Singles can be ordered below, for Ridetech Triples please call us at 435-628-4300 for help choosing the proper shock accessories.
*Ordering Info: How do I tell which ball joint size I have?
Typically the 5/8" lower ball joint cars are only the late 1995-96 RPO 9C1/9C3 Police and the 9C6 Taxi options. This code should be on the option code label, usually located on the trunk Lid, driver's door/ door jamb or glove box. Some (but not all) wagons have the heavy duty suspension too. NOTE these optional cars have different spindles than the standard Caprices and Impala SS' which typically have the smaller 9/16" lower ball joint. Ball joint sizes and our two different lower control arm part numbers do not interchange between cars! You must order the correct part number for your specific vehicle. One usually common quick way to tell is if the car has a factory original 5 on 4.75" wheel bolt pattern order the 9/16" ball joint. If your car has the larger original factory 5 on 5" truck bolt pattern like the specific Police and Taxi code package listed above, order the 5/8" ball joint. See the diagram on the main suspension page on how to measure your bolt pattern.
If you mistakenly order the wrong one, uninstalled resalable condition arms may be returned and exchanged for the correct ones. Customer pays return shipping and restocking fees may apply. If you have installed the arms and find you have the wrong ones, you may get a refund according to the amount of damage caused during installation. Please be sure to order the right ones to avoid these issues.
If you are unsure which lower ball joint you have, please call our friendly sales staff to walk you through your order rather than ordering online.