AFX Tall Forged Spindles 1967-1969 F Body
GM muscle cars rode relatively smooth and did well in straight line drag race situations. High speed cornering was barely a concern though and they're infamous for having poor factory suspension geometry. With today's technology, correcting these issues with performance control arms helps but is only part of the optimum handling equation. Speedtech and ATS have combined for an entirely new approach to improving factory geometry by redesigning the focal point of the steering and suspension geometry, the front spindle.
ATS Tall Spindles aren't just another visual makeover of a C4 Corvette spindle, they're a completely new design meant to maximize geometry and performance handling. Manufactured from light weight and super strong forged 7075 T73 aluminum, the upper ball joint mount is raised 2" to optimize camber curve, making a much greater improvement than merely adding a slightly taller ball joint to stock spindles. The relocated steering arm mount position improves Ackerman and brings bump steer numbers down to nearly zero. The hub positioning is also raised 1" for a lower stance and center of gravity. Advantages of the GM brand C7 hub include a sealed, maintenance free heavy duty bearing pack which offers a stronger load capacity easily handling the abuse of Pro Touring style driving. The ATS spindle and C7 hub combination do not alter factory track width or bolt pattern allowing standard wheel fitment. Brake caliper mounts are based on the C5/C6 Corvette and easily accepts Corvette brake packages from GM, Baer, Wilwood, and others.
Speedtech/ ATS Tall Spindles are power forged and then heat treated from ultra strong, aircraft spec aluminum and then precision machined on a CNC 5 axis mill. The tall profile and updated geometry engineering radically improves the vehicle's handling characteristics, keeping the maximum possible tire footprint on the ground during hard cornering. This creates a much more responsive and faster cornering car. AFX tall spindles are the best spindle option for anyone wanting the most out of their car's handling.
AFX Spindle Features include:
- Direct bolt-on spindle replacement for A-F-X and G body vehicles.
- Forged from ultra lightweight, exceptionally strong 7075 T73 aluminum.
- 2" Taller spindle improves negative camber gain under suspension load.
- One inch ride height drop for lowered center of gravity.
- Revised bolt-on steering arm location improves bump steer.
- Utilizes factory steering arm for 67-69 Camaros and 68-74 novas
- Redesigned billet steering arms for 70-81 Camaros, Chevelles and G bodys
- Uses sealed heavy duty C7 Corvette hub assembly.
- Brake Mounting Bosses for C5/C6 Corvette factory or aftermarket brake kits.
- No additional machining or brake brackets to buy like with competitors' spindles.
- Does not push track width outward allowing standard wheel offsets.
- Pricing is per pair.
Applications: '67-69 Camaro, Firebird
*67-69 Camaro applications reuse factory steering arms.